forward to beginning the year
new home with Snow Pond Community Music School. Registration forms for private lessons and
group classes will be online mid-August.
Pineland Suzuki School is committed to musical excellence, integrity, and beauty in a joyful, noncompetitive atmosphere. Led by Betsy Kobayashi and Ellen Gawler, the Pineland Suzuki School serves young violinists, violists, and cellists in Central Maine.
We are pleased to welcome
to Karen Jacques and the newest instrument in the Pineland Suzuki School family,
Jacques has taught classical and Suzuki guitar at the Rivers School Conservatory
for the past 18 years and was formerly on the faculty of Powers Music School and
the Walnut Hill School. She has performed as a soloist and as a duo partner with
flautists Irving Gilman and Mary Neumann and guitarist Jay Rosenberg. She earned
her BA in Music from Vassar College and studied with Alexander Bellow, William
Buonocore and Luis Garcia-Renart, and taken master classes with Dale Kavanagh,
Neil Goluses and Norbert Kraft. And she is the Suzuki mom of cellist Eliza
Pineland Suzuki teachers are dedicated to making the Suzuki experience a
positive one. The Suzuki method goal is to provide the opportunity to grow up
in a positive environment, to be a confident, warm human being, and to be
successful in life with a beautiful heart. Our success comes from everyone
working together in a non-competitive, supportive way. We are happy to be a
community where families encourage each other with Dr. Suzuki's dream that all
children learn to play beautifully!
Ways to learn more about Pineland Suzuki School:
- View our Google Calendar.
- Visit us on Facebook.
- Read the newsletter.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page for the 2013-2014 group class and concert schedule.
- If you are a Pineland parent, you may sign in to our group discussion forum.
- Participate in a fundraiser.
- If you would like to donate your time & talents to benefit the school, please see the Explanation of Jobs below. These jobs can also be used for Work Study.
- Contact Betsy Kobayashi for more information about Pineland Suzuki School.
Banner photo by Jen Birch. Visit www.jbirchphotography.com to view and order Jen’s wonderful photos of Pineland events!